Monday 25 May 2015

If I Die

So Recently, I have been frequenting the wards and theatres of the Teaching Hospital of the University where I study. My New Class just made this shit ish necessary - and honestly ehn, it's not being quite easy.
Various Cases, Various Complaints...and just when you walk into the ACCIDENT and EMERGENCY Unit and you think you have seen the worst kind of Accident or Emergency Case that there is to see, another one just calls you by your native name and says_:
"YOu NEVEr SEE ANyTHIng."

Now the death cases are just something else - havin their root causes in either accidents and massive injuries OR late presentation to the hospital OR just nonchalance, People seem to die everyday.

A few days ago, I got news of the demise of a friend of mine. A female whom I have not chatted with in a long while. She fell into the cold hands of death after she tripped on Renal Failure (so I heard).

One of these past midnights...the night after I got the news of this young lady's death, I mused deeply over the subject - Death and Dead People... And I realized, (in addition to what I already stated in THIS ARTICLE

DEATH IS INEVITABLE,..It is a characteristic of living things (remember Secondary School MR NIGER D), Everybody Dies (well except for those special people in scriptures), and this reality should be accepted.

DEATH...is a teacher to those who live, to do all they can do...and should do while they be alive. It also brings into light the necessity of letting those who mean something to us know that they mean something to us.

Now in as much as No one...or hardly anyone wants to die, even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there, Death is the destination that we all share. And it is not death that a man (or woman) should really fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.

FOR (According to Norman Cousins)
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."


Victory 'Live' Anosike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...